Ballet Florkorico

Sophomore Geraldine Sanchez is dancing for 5 de Mayo to show the Mexican Culture.

Valerie Lugo, Staff Writer

At Vista Del Lago High school, the Ballet Folklorico performed for Cinco de Mayo to celebrate the Battle of Puebla victory during lunch on May 4, 2018.

By celebrating Cinco de Mayo, the Latin culture dance, Ballet Folklorico, shows their dance from different places in Mexico and shows their cultural dance from their ancestors place.

“We dance to different songs. For every region, there are different songs. During lunch  we danced to Jalisco’ La Negra and 7 Mares,” said Sophomore Kimberly Rico.

When seeing the different dances there is a  feeling of being there in the area of Mexico.

Freshman Josue Soto said, “My grandfather is from Baja California which means when I’m dancing Calabaceado Baja California, I feel like I’m dancing for him and showing everyone to learn about Baja California’s dance.”

Dancing ballet Folklorico on Cinco de Mayo can show the Mexican culture and the victory that happened on this day to everyone around the world, like the United States.

“When I’m dancing I feel very proud, I like showing people who my parents are and what I am like the culture we represent and who we are,” said Sophomore Roberto Rivera.

5 de Mayo is a day for the Latin culture to celebrate the Battle of Puebla and their victory. There are many ways to celebrate this day and do but at Vista del Lago the way we celebrate it is ballet folklorico dancing to show the culture to other students.

• Ballet Florkorico

News

Preview on Talent Show

• Ballet Florkorico

News

The Beginning and End of a Dance Journey

• Ballet Florkorico

News

Second Annual College Signing

• Ballet Florkorico

News

Stories from an Undeclared War Impact and Inspire

• Ballet Florkorico

News

A preview of Corbeau Theatre’s “Smile”

• Ballet Florkorico

Features

Health Academy’s Week of Happy

• Ballet Florkorico

News

Singing into a Merry Christmas

• News

Their Last Dance

• Ballet Florkorico

News

Young Scholars Honored

• Ballet Florkorico

News

Keeping Up with Vista del Lago’s Counseling

Ballet Florkorico