The (not so) Remarkable inventions of Today

Green+Motherboard+at+work+
Green Motherboard at work

Green Motherboard at work

pexels

pexels

Green Motherboard at work

Oscar Torres, News editor

Does it feel as if nowadays there isn’t really a new invention that will truly help us in a meaningful way or is it just me? If that confused you let me rephrase, has there been an actual breakthrough in technology in the past few years. Personally, I don’t believe there hasn’t been anything exciting since June 29, 2007, yeah ten years ago was when the original Iphone came out.

I as if there hasn’t been a “great” or “shocking” invention in the last few years or so.If you disagree,alright then, name some invention that has came out in the last seven years or so that isn’t any sort of social media or virtual reality? Exactly, nothing that’s as interesting as bluetooth and many other inventions.

The 21st century has offered us so many great inventions such as the Bluetooth and touchscreen phones but these are just inventions that aren’t as good as the internet or vacuum, I mean these things make our life easier and how does that compare to wireless charging.

One might argue that the 21st century just started and it’s just the beginning and all we have to do is wait but back in the early 1900s there were so many great inventions.

One of those great inventions was, as I mentioned before, the vacuum, sounds simple but back then it must have been a breakthrough in well inventions.

I mean I’m not saying that everything we’ve made nowadays isn’t as useful as thing back then but how does virtual reality help us in our daily lives. The answer, it doesn’t. Yes it may be fun but it doesn’t help me clean up, it doesn’t help us drive safer , or it doesn’t help me with my assignments.

There are so many exciting things coming in the future but compared to the 20th century, they had more creative useful innovations.

In 1910 they invented neon lights and I’m pretty sure that was an amazing invention to hem since it was new. In 2010 we came up with Instagram, social media really? We could do better we are more advanced and more creative so why can’t we come up with something as great as neon lights?

All I’m saying is that there hasn’t been an interesting, creative, and most importantly useful creation in the past few years but hey that’s just an opinion. In other words our inventions suck.

• The (not so) Remarkable inventions of Today

Opinion

To Be Friends or Not To Be Friends

Opinion

Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

National Security vs Privacy

Opinion

Does Buying Your Kids Materialistic Things Affect Their School Work

Opinion

What is Net Neutrality

Opinion

The Importance of Voting

Opinion

Why Chores are Important

Opinion

Not Enough History

Opinion

Love at First Sight

Opinion

The Real Peril of STDs