See Me, Not My Size

%22You+should+eat+more+and+gain+some+fat%22+%22Dude+you%27re+like+way+too+skinny%22+%22You%27re+arms+are+like+sticks%22+%22Someday+the+wind+just+might+blow+you+away%22+%22You%27re+weak%22+%22Are+you+anorexic%3F%22+%22Are+you+bullimic%3F%22+
Back to Article
Back to Article

See Me, Not My Size

"You should eat more and gain some fat" "Dude you're like way too skinny" "You're arms are like sticks" "Someday the wind just might blow you away" "You're weak" "Are you anorexic?" "Are you bullimic?"

Tia Latson, Staff Writer

Eat more, gain weight, there’s no meat on those bones, stop eating air, ice does not count as a meal.

There’s always been the idea of shaming someone for being overweight but there’s no rights for girls who are considered underweight. Even though there is not many reported about being “too skinny” it is still a thing skinny girls struggle with.

“I’ve always been very skinny, but grow up being bullied, always went back to the fact that I was to skinny,” said Chadei Brown.

There are stories of girls who have always been look at as too skinny, girls who feel like they’re not good enough because of their weight.

“I don’t really see a problem with skinny girls, but I would be lying if I said I don’t pick on my skinny friends every now and then, for being “too skinny”,” said Diamond Jones.

There are even ways to gain weight, and that is brought on from many things, but one of the main ones is from the way that others look at skinny girls.

“I joined the Be A Buddy, Not A Bully because I don’t like bullying people and I realized that, skinny shaming or calling someone overweight is the same as bullying,” said Reana Baker.

There are problems with being skinny, but the main problem is the torment and questions.

“On a daily I feel like get asked the same questions over and over again What size pants are those? I bet you’re like a 0,” said Destiny Fregoso.

There are even rules in some countries where if a model is too thin she could face time in jail or be fined.

“I couldn’t imagined being judged for being too skinny even though I know that some girls suffer from it,” said Tamira Dennis.

Size 0 or size 10, there is not a difference or a line until others draw one. It’s wrong to call a girl fat, but saying she’s too skinny has the same effect or view on oneself.

About the Writer
Tia Latson, Staff Writer

Tia is a senior who very outgoing and blunt. She’s been in Journalism for 3 years now and has found it to be her safe haven, she one day hope to be a...

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

KOD Album Review

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

7 Movies for this Summer

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

Health Academy’s Week of Happy

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

Top Ten Holiday Desserts

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

The worst feeling of all: Embarrassment

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

Appreciating Life’s Bundle of Joy

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

Let’s Talk Taboo

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

Christmas Stress

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

Depth of Bullying

• See Me, Not My Size

Features

Dancing ’till they Drop

See Me, Not My Size