The worst feeling of all: Embarrassment

Back to Article
Back to Article

The worst feeling of all: Embarrassment

Freshman Oscar Torres accidentally sat on water.

Ashley Quinonez

Ashley Quinonez

Ashley Quinonez

Valerie Lugo, Staff Writer

In high school, every student has experienced many different emotions but most students have felt the worst to come; embarrassment. Especially in the classroom filled with many people they know.

Whether doing something embarrassing at a party or in front of a few friends, the worst place would be in a classroom. Each and every student have an embarrassing  memory they will always haunt them through their lifetime.

“I came to my class and sat down in my chair but I didn’t notice a puddle of water on it, and before my classmates could warn me I sat down. I was called weird names after that but I would laugh along. Since that day I will always check where I sit.” said Freshman Luigi Banuelos.

Going up to do a presentation is scary because of the fact people have to talk in front of the whole class, but one can  imagine saying something embarrassing, or stuttering when going up.

“ one of my most embarrassing moments was when I was going to present my college presentation for AVID and I almost tripped. Everyone was shocked at first but when they saw I was okay they started to laugh.”  explained Freshman Stacy Juarez.

A few students are lucky to not have been embarrassed in front of a classroom, but they still have been embarrassed by someone else.

Freshman Juliana Tellez said, “I have had an embarrassing moment before, and it was in elementary when I was doing an essay and this girl that was next to me threw up all over my paper and on me. I had to write that essay all over again.”

Being embarrassed or getting embarrassed by someone is the worst. According to many we all end up learning from it and even though it still stays in an individual memories, it gets better as the years go by. Eventually, we all laugh at our embarrassing moments and try to forget about it.