See the Ball, Be the Ball

Here is the junior varsity team training hard for their upcoming game against hemet. Working hard and enjoying it. (Eric Jaime, Anthony Gomez, Hector Morales, Anthony Mendoza and Angel Gallegos)

Jaaziel Barajas

Jaaziel Barajas

Jaaziel Barajas, Staff Writer

Soccer is a popular sport played all over the world. Even though it has only been popular in the United States for the past 30 years. Soccer has been a long time favorite everywhere else.

It is just after 3:30pm at Vista Del Lago High School, a few rays of sunshine and winds going at 13.5 mph but our Junior Varsity Soccer Team is working hard and practicing everyday to win their next game against Hemet.

Freshman Anthony Mendoza, Junior varsity athlete said, “I’m feeling pretty good about our next game against Hemet. I’ve learned a lot of lessons while playing on my team like, not being afraid of the ball, being able to focus and put my mind to it.”

Sometimes soccer teams have their ups and downs but they’re still a team and work together to support each other and win.

Freshman Luis Perez and Junior varsity athlete said, “I do have some concerns about my team like lack of communication because I feel communication is key in a soccer team. We need communication, otherwise without it we’re really not even considered a team at all.”

Nothing left is left to chance when these soccer players have their mind set on the game and are focused on their goals for their upcoming games, challenges and trials they may face.

Freshman Juan Cervantes and Junior varsity athlete said,”My goal is to work really hard so hopefully I can make the Varsity team but I also want to work on my communication and make this team an undefeatable one.”

The fascinating insight begins with the motivation and training that these junior varsity athletes have and take in. A meeting with the players before their games is just what they need to be motivated and try harder to win and make their coach proud and their school.

Freshman Angel Gallegos and Junior varsity athlete said, “Coach always tries to encourage us and for me that’s what motivates me to play soccer in general and to help my confidence in playing the game.”

It is slowing coming to their next game, another day of training is coming to an end and these athletes are ready for their game and to make the school proud.

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

News

Second Annual College Signing

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

Features

7 Movies for this Summer

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

Opinion

National Security vs Privacy

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

News

Stories from an Undeclared War Impact and Inspire

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

Opinion

The Importance of Voting

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

Features

Appreciating Life’s Bundle of Joy

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

Features

See Me, Not My Size

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

Sports

Soccer Girls Fire Up

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

Features

Depth of Bullying

• See the Ball, Be the Ball

News

Young Scholars Honored

See the Ball, Be the Ball