Does Science refute Religion?

pexels.com

pexels.com

Michelle Hernandez, Staff Writer

Since the emergence of the Big Bang Theory as the dominant physical cosmological paradigm there have been a variety of reactions by religious groups regarding its implications for religious cosmologies. 

Despite the variety of interpretations about how the universe first originated and the ongoing debate between religion and science, the only logical explanation to the creation of mankind and everything we know is because of that one single moment roughly 13.7 billion years ago.

Huge controversy has been sparked between religion and science. Many people believe that God created the universe; while others believe that it was created from matter that already existed.

The Big Bang Theory is the leading, logical explanation about how the universe began. At its simplest, it says the universe as we know it started with a small singularity, then inflated over the next 13.7 billion years to the cosmos that we know today.This theory is generally accepted by scientists as being the best theory they have to explain the origins of the universe.

Many who follow religion, regard these accounts, preaching parables or symbolic accounts that tell the profound truth that God brought the universe and all that is in it into being, 10,000 years ago.

However, the idea that the universe was created 10,000 years ago is simply false. Geologic evidence, prehistoric evidence, fossils, the night sky, etc. all prove that the universe must be older than 10,000 years.

It is noted that, In the first second after the universe began, the surrounding temperature was about 10 billion degrees Fahrenheit (5.5 billion Celsius), according to NASA. The cosmos contained a vast array of fundamental particles such as neutrons, electrons and protons. These decayed or combined as the universe got cooler.

This early soup would have been impossible to look at, because light could not carry inside of it. “The free electrons would have caused light to scatter the way sunlight scatters from the water droplets in clouds,” NASA stated. Over time, however, the free electrons met up with nuclei and created neutral atoms. This allowed light to shine through about 380,000 years after the Big Bang.

With thousands of different religions in the world and the variety of interpretations as to how the universe started, logic and reasoning simply refutes religion, by providing more logical evidence that religion fails to include. Science continues to grow and change the world, while religion remains at a solid stance.

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

To Be Friends or Not To Be Friends

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

National Security vs Privacy

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

Does Buying Your Kids Materialistic Things Affect Their School Work

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

The (not so) Remarkable inventions of Today

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

What is Net Neutrality

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

The Importance of Voting

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

Why Chores are Important

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

Not Enough History

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

Love at First Sight

• Does Science refute Religion?

Opinion

The Real Peril of STDs

Does Science refute Religion?