Colin Kaepernick takes the title

Colin Kaepernick and Eric Greed taking a knee

pexels

pexels

Kelley Crowfield, Writer

Colin Kaepernick has been under fire lately because of his protest on the National Anthem but was just recently named GQ Magazine’s Citizen of the Month.

Colin Kaepernick is an NFL Quarterback who has been playing the league for 5 years his stardom where he got his first start against the Chicago Bears in 2012. Took the NFL by storm ever since he was drafted 2 round 36th overall.
Kaepernick later on created a name for himself by beating multiple Super Bowl contending teams such as the Packers, Saints, and many other teams leading up to the Super Bowl where he and the 49ers lost to the Ravens in an outstanding game where he brought the team back despite being down by 26 points at the third quarter. After a performance like that he gained so much respect from the Hall of Famers, Players in the League, and by the fans.By the 2013 season Kaepernick solidified himself as arguably one of the best Quarterbacks to have ever put on a pair of cleats, Kaepernick lead the 49ers to a second NFC Championship game but fell to the Seahawk in a tightly contested game which later started the rise of the “Legion of Boom’’, and the fall of Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers reign.After a few year the 49ers parted ways with their head coach Jim Harbaugh and sign a new coach after that NFL teams and fans saw this as the downfall of the rising dynasty which also made Colin Kaepernick’s game somewhat spiral downwards but the 49er fans still out there faith in him believing that he would come around and play like he did in 2012.

When the 2014-2015 season came the 49ers didn’t reach the playoff for the first time in three years, and during the offseason the 49ers parted ways with coach Jim Harbaugh, and let longtime starting running back Frank Gore go, also along with wide receiver Michael Crabtree and a few other key players that made the 49ers a Playoff/Super Bowl winning team.

When the 2015-2016 season came things got even worse the team fell to 5-11, having a new coach and new players they weren’t familiar to the coaching staff and the organization the team began to plummet and as did Colin Kaepernick after suffering a season-ending injury to his right throwing hand and left shoulder, causing more stress on the 49ers defence and backup quarterback who had to fill in for the injured Kaepernick.

When the start of the 2016-17 season started many were excited to see the return of Colin Kaepernick, the fans wanted to see what he would do with this new 49er team. When the National Anthem was starting he took the NFL fans and players by storm and took a knee during the Anthem. Many people were shocked causing an uproar by fans, players in different sports and even politicians.

All around the world people loved, hated, and discouraged the stand Colin Kaepernick took death threats, shout out, and other comments were made about this protest he took. Kaepernick quoted after the game “Some people don’t realize what’s going on in this country, it’s supposed to be the land of the free but to some of the color there is no freedom”.

Ever since that Colin Kaepernick hasn’t been in an NFL game and just recently people have questioned why he hasn’t been on an NFL 53 man roster after all the good things he’s done donating public speaking, and many other great things any human being can do.

About the Writer
Kelley Crowfield, Staff Writer
His Name is Kelley, he goes by multiple names Kells, Kid, and Kelley wit da Belly, He’s is the 10th grade. He’s interested in Football, Basketball, Black History, and Music.His future goals are either to Go into the NFL and become a professional football player, write for sports,or do acting. And a Crazy fact about...
  • Colin Kaepernick takes the title

Football

Ravens’ Football Fights On

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

Student Submissions

The Creative Writing Center

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

News

Preview on Talent Show

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

Lifestyle

Top 5 Possible things that could happen in Avengers 4

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

News

The Beginning and End of a Dance Journey

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

News

Ballet Florkorico

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

Features

KOD Album Review

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

News

Second Annual College Signing

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

Opinion

To Be Friends or Not To Be Friends

• Colin Kaepernick takes the title

Lifestyle

Top 10 list for Places to Visit During the Summer

Colin Kaepernick takes the title