Top 5 uncommon must watch movies on Netflix

Netflix is one of the biggest entertainment platforms in present day time.

Ashley Quinonez

Ashley Quinonez

Ashley Quinonez, Features Editor

Laying down and scrolling through every single category Netflix has to offer. The individual starts to get frustrated at the fact that thirty plus minutes have gone by and still does not have a clue on what to put on.

Not knowing what mood the person is in and having an indecisive friend or partner can be annoying at times especially when trying to pick out a movie that will suit them both. Spending countless minutes to hours browsing, by the time the individual has stumbled upon something that catches their attention their friend is drooling onto the blanket and the individual them self is worn out and too tired to even stay awake. In order to prevent this tragic scenario becoming a reality here’s the top five uncommon must watch movies on Netflix.

1. 13th– The movie shows the decades following the passage of the 13th amendment to show how black people were targeted by the media, government, and by businesses to create a new form of slavery.This movie is guaranteed to get one rolling as they say; by infuriating, depressing, and spurring an individual to want to take action against a system that done egregious harm to fellow citizens.
    2. The Place Beyond the Pines Derek Cianfrance’s  film went with a highly ambitious crime saga told in three parts. Starring Ryan Gosling who plays a bank robber with his baby boy continuing with a chapter following a cop played by Bradley Cooper, and concluding with a chapter revolving around the sons of these two men. The result is something epic, thrilling, and highly emotional, with a narrative unlike any seen before.
    3. Tangerine- A movie shot entirely on an Iphone shows tremendous results, it’s an unusual type of comedy that is great and rare something considered energetic and colorful.The film is considered  a hilarious, heartfelt, and surprisingly emotional breath of fresh air from the cliché-ridden comedies that Hollywood tends to throw away year after year.
    4. The Awakening– Director Nick Murphy outdid himself delivering a terrific brooding period horror film that tells a story of how a group of young boys boarding school claims they’re being haunted by a ghost, Cathcart (protagonist) goes to investigate and discovers that this time there might actually be a specter in the midst. The film itself features some wonderful unexpected twist and turns.

5. The Village– One of the best thriller films that was meant to trick the viewer at the beginning of the plot and leave them confused throughout most of the movie until it hits the end and the film all makes perfect sense. This film is highly recommended if solving clues and puzzles is one’s thing.

• Top 5 uncommon must watch movies on Netflix

Lifestyle

Top 5 Possible things that could happen in Avengers 4

Lifestyle

Top 10 list for Places to Visit During the Summer

Features

7 Movies for this Summer

Lifestyle

Celebration of Hanukkah

Lifestyle

Celebration of Kwanzaa

Lifestyle

Top 10 binge worthy shows on Netflix

Lifestyle

Top 10 Conspiracy theories

Lifestyle

Top 5 scientific discoveries

Lifestyle

Top 3 Deadliest Drugs

Lifestyle

Top 10 Clothing Items in Fall