Ravens’ Football Fights On

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ravens’ Football Fights On

Players take knee

Players take knee

Michelle Hernandez

Players take knee

Michelle Hernandez

Michelle Hernandez

Players take knee

Michelle Hernandez, Staff Writer

Vista Del Lago’s Varsity Football team took a loss on Friday, October 27th,  in a home game against San Bernardino High school.

Distress and frustration built up on the field as the players struggled to take on San Bernardino’s Cardinals. Although they were not successful in taking home the win, our Raven’s put on an outstanding game when it came to teamwork, sportsmanship, and showing love for the sport.

“What I love most about football is being able to play against other teams, alongside with my teammates whom I consider my brothers. I decided to play because I love the game and I’ve always had a passion for it.” Said senior, Linebacker and safety player, Kevion Smith.

A typical day of practice for these athletes consists of taking out all of the equipment needed to start warm-ups, followed by stretches, Individual and team drills, working on coverage and tackling, and depending on the coach, they are sent for an extra run to conclude practice.

“My first year playing football was freshman year, I decided to play football to be apart of a team and meet new people who had the same interest as me. We help each other out at practice and usually go for another run at the end to build stamina.” Said senior, play tackle, Gilbert Carrillo.

Having scored a stirring touch down, Sophomore Stephon Jenkins sent thrill and cheers throughout the crowd. Excitement burst, as his coach and teammates greeted him off the field. Jenkins described his passion for football and his on-going dedication and endurance in Friday night’s game as he laid, injured but unwavered.

“I grew up with football and I wouldn’t trade it for any other sport. Football is what I’m best at, It’s what I grew up with.” said Receiver, runnerback and Quarter, Stephon Jenkins.

With devotion for the sport, our Raven athletes characterized many qualities that they believed made the ultimate football player: To be a great football player, one must be disciplined and coachable.They must give thorough effort and put in extra work when no one else is. A great football player must have that persistence and mentality that they will succeed, regardless of the circumstances.

Regardless of the ill-starred loss, our Ravens received the immense victory of companionship and Integrity that will best prepare them for not just future games, but the barriers they will face.

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

Football

Colin Kaepernick takes the title

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

Student Submissions

The Creative Writing Center

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

News

Preview on Talent Show

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

Lifestyle

Top 5 Possible things that could happen in Avengers 4

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

News

The Beginning and End of a Dance Journey

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

News

Ballet Florkorico

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

Features

KOD Album Review

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

News

Second Annual College Signing

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

Opinion

To Be Friends or Not To Be Friends

• Ravens’ Football Fights On

Lifestyle

Top 10 list for Places to Visit During the Summer

Ravens’ Football Fights On