Homecoming Kickoff

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming Kickoff

Serena Land

Serena Land

Serena Land

Kelly Crowfield, Staff Writer

The Homecoming game was set for: Students’,Parents’,and other fans to see the Vista Del Lago Ravens take on Pacific High School everyone was hyped for this could’ve been the team’s first win.The struggling team saw another fate for them last friday, October 13th.

The Team faced problems all game long missed tackles, frustration amongst each other,coaches upset with the players, once coaches express how they felt about the teams play on the field the team felt changes needed to be made many good plays were called on a drive that looked like it could’ve turned into points but Pacific High School wouldn’t allow that to happen.

Coaching Staff were constantly demanding that the team show some effort but the team was starting to lose energy and get fatigued I saw one player get frustrated because he only saw two plays throughout the whole game. So nor starters on the offensive or defensive side of the ball got to rest I even saw offensive players playing defense and this was one of the many reasons Vista struggled struggled this game and Pacific’s players even made thing worse by taunting the players which should’ve resulted in a Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty but they were never called.

“The Coaches don’t see what we see, there not on the field were facing the action and movement on the defensive side of the ball so they should let us control what happens after coaches play-call if the offense sniffs out what we’re doing”. Said Safety Ryan Lotton.

Dai’sean Smith told me how the players felt a loss like that he told me how the team felt on the field, on the sidelines and in the locker room and the team didn’t get the results they wanted to happen through the game.

“They were disappointed because they felt they could’ve won that game.” Said Dai’sean Smith.

He also told me that he felt like he did contribute a lot on offense by getting open and running his routes nicely so that he could get open and make the catches he had made during the game but it would’ve felt better if he did all of that and won.

“The play call was all out wrong and the players lost their energy due to the crazy play calling done on the coach’s behalf, I could’ve played more and I wasn’t utilized to take the pressure off of my teammates’’,Said Offensive Linemen/Tightend Caleb Peralta.

But others felt as if their coaching staff could’ve let them get a little more playing time Caleb Peralta felt as if didn’t get much playing time and being on the sidelines the whole game I witnessed him only see the field 2 times.

The Vista Del Lago Ravens might have lost this game but the team is strong and is passionate for the game of football and they’ll be ready for the next one.

• Homecoming Kickoff

News

Second Annual College Signing

• Homecoming Kickoff

Features

7 Movies for this Summer

• Homecoming Kickoff

Opinion

National Security vs Privacy

• Homecoming Kickoff

News

Stories from an Undeclared War Impact and Inspire

• Homecoming Kickoff

Opinion

The Importance of Voting

• Homecoming Kickoff

Features

Appreciating Life’s Bundle of Joy

• Homecoming Kickoff

Features

See Me, Not My Size

• Homecoming Kickoff

Features

Depth of Bullying

• Homecoming Kickoff

News

Young Scholars Honored

• Homecoming Kickoff

Opinion

A True Christmas Gift

Homecoming Kickoff