Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review

Can the new Guardians of the Galaxy be better than the former Tower of Terror ?

Outside of Guardians of the Galaxy ride

Outside of Guardians of the Galaxy ride

Marco Rodriguez

Marco Rodriguez

Outside of Guardians of the Galaxy ride

Marco Rodriguez, Staff Writer

There is a new ride that has opened up at Disney’s California Adventure on May 27, 2017 and that ride is Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. The ride is replacing previous fan favorite Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror.

The ride includes member Rocket Raccoon breaking out of the Collector’s Warehouse as the other Guardians (Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, and Groot) are trapped. As the whole ride revolves around you helping break the Guardians out of the Warehouse in a thrilling free-fall ride.

This ride was better than the one previous from it as much as I didn’t believe it was going to be.

One reason why was the theming that went into the ride. Disney went all out for their new attraction including references and Easter eggs from the Guardians of the Galaxy movies and also from the comics. The line was also very interactive as first you start inside of the Collector’s Garden with many unique and interesting plants, creatures, and many many lawn gnomes. Also the line was just fun to wait in even though it took about 6 hours. Then the inside included many references to the movies and was just amazing to see if you’re not a fan of the movies.

Another reason is that the new Guardians ride was more unique than the Tower of Terror. Every time I went into the Tower of Terror I would always see the same things and the ride would always be the same which made it boring but I still loved the ride for what it was. Guardians took everything to the next level as their are 6 different ways you can drop in the ride but also listening to popular songs of the 70’s and the 80’s while screaming your lungs out was fun. The characters are more appealing to the whole family rather than the twilight zone characters as children aren’t attracted to the supernatural and rather come out terrified of the ride while Guardians makes kids feel more comfortable with recognizable characters while having a thrilling free fall ride.

Finally was the way that Guardians ride was concepted better than the Tower of Terror. As I said earlier there is 6 different drips you can have I. The ride compared to Tower with just one. The way that the Disney Imagineers made the ride was incredible from the drops to the story but also having fun with the good loving outlaws of the Movie series. That was something that Tower of Terror couldn’t have done and that’s why it was replaced with the Guardians ride.

I fully didn’t support the change last year as I was disappointed for the change of the Twilight Zone to Guardians of the Galaxy but once again Disney has proven us wrong. I believe that this ride will be one of the best attractions at the whole Disneyland Resort for the next coming generation and helps gives ideas to other theme parks on how to make a good attraction. I suggest that everyone should get a Disneyland Ticket this summer to have fun and check out this great attraction it won’t disappoint.

• Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review

Opinion

Bullying from Society

Opinion

The Teen World of Bullying

Opinion

Keeping the Campus Clean

Opinion

Bullying, Depression, Suicide: My Story

Opinion

Stressed Out

Opinion

Don’t Silence Me

Opinion

A Possibility of World War III

Column

Styling “minimum effort” outfits

Opinion

13 reasons why, affecting the lives of teens

Opinion

The silence of the arts