Styling “minimum effort” outfits

Daniela Sanchez, Staff Writer

When it comes to “minimum effort” outfits, the first thing that crosses my mind are shirt dresses, cute tops with distressed jeans, and just about anything that falls under the category of things you may consider “comfortable”. No, PJ’s do not count… as hard as minimal effort outfits may sound for someone with maximum style, with a lot of creativity and the mind of a fashionista, anything can be pulled together. Outfits that need minimal or no additional styling and are extremely comfortable are just the way to go on a lazy day. Then again, who’s to say you can’t style up a minimal effort outfit and wear it to date night?

It’s great to have the basics in your wardrobe, like plain shirts, sweaters, skirts, dresses, coats, and pants. However, spicing up these items once in a while can create a more unique look. It’s easy to pair up a couple of accessories such as chokers, sunglasses, rings, hats, and many other essentials to spice up an outfit and make it look exotic. Here’s how:

• Chokers and sunhats. They’ve been “the” trend for quite a while, and although not everyone likes the idea of a necklace pressed tightly against your neck, they’re actually not as bad as they sound. Hats also work, especially when its sunny outside, or you’re simply having a bad hair day. These two items work well together and can be worn with just about anything.
  • If you’re a jeans and plain t-shirts kind of girl, simply add a colorful scarf to your outfit and you’ll instantly look more fashionable and trendy. Not only do scarves add interest to an outfit, they’re also comfy and keep you warm on cold days.
  • Bomber jackets and jean jackets, the typical “I shop at Forever 21” type of look. Even if you didn’t buy it at forever 21, bomber jackets and jean jackets work like a charm. They can be topped on any outfit, however, I think they look great with a plain oversized t-shirt and distressed jeans.
  • Trench coats, the classy and formal look. I personally have two, a beige one and a black one. They’re my absolute favorite and I usually wear them on cold days. Preferably worn with a scarf, high waisted jeans, and a nice fitted shirt. These coats can work for “date-night”, or even on work/school days.
  • Rings and necklaces. They’re a minimal accessory, but they make the dream work.
Photo by Aubre Murrell

This outfit is styled with a jean jacket, distressed jeans, a brown hat, and a pair of glasses.

• Column

Over-sized clothes are the new trend

• Styling “minimum effort” outfits

Column

Introduction to Exotic Innovations

• Column

Spring must haves

• Styling “minimum effort” outfits

News

Ravens Have “FUN IN THE SUN”

• Styling “minimum effort” outfits

Features

Beloved AVID Coordinator heads to new position

• Styling “minimum effort” outfits

News

School district hires new social workers

• Styling “minimum effort” outfits

Lifestyle

How to make a breakfast omelet

• Styling “minimum effort” outfits

Sports

Varsity Baseball Season Wrap up

• Styling “minimum effort” outfits

Sports

JV Season Wrap up

• Styling “minimum effort” outfits

Opinion

Bullying from Society

Styling “minimum effort” outfits