He said She said

Self Confidence is key

Steven Robles, Tia Latson, Staff Writers

He Said

Self confidence is something we all lack at least, that’s I would say. I know that I’ve had my moments where I just can’t do things because I was shy, nervous, scared, and over thinking almost everything. Being scared is totally normal but we shouldn’t let that get to us because we’re scared of what others will say or think. Self confidence begins when you feel like changing. Ever since the beginning of high school, me being a freshman, I opened up and let new ideas run through, now I’m really confident about the things that I do, I try to talk to people and get out more. I have been told by many people that throughout middle school, people didn’t want to talk to me because I was really strange and shy.

I believe that we all have a moment where we shine but it depends if the person wants to continue to shine brighter. I remember over the summer I had to do a presentation, I was presenting to freshman and sophomores. Remember I was just known as a strange and shy guy, but that day everyone there was so surprised by my presentation, as if presenting was my special skill or something. They all realized i’m not all that strange. Everyone needs to understand and improve on who they are inside and outside.

You have to take pride in who you are and for what you are, everyone is different, learns differently, and views things differently. You have to put your idea out there, make people remember who you are and be the person you want to be. Some things that can help someone become more confident in themselves could be; looking at goals they might have in mind and taking that to lead them. Something else might be like, thinking about your strengths and committing to success. Self confidence can show in multiple ways, your body language, your tone of voice and many other things.

She Said

Self confidence is the trust in one’s abilities, qualities and judgement. Now as simple as it sounds to just have self confidence it’s not. You have all these things that you need to think about and be mindful of. In this generation, there are so many things people worry about; other people’s opinions, how things will make you look and if what you’re doing is right. I believe it’s gotten harder to have self confidence in a generation where everything you do is judged. I know a lot of things that I wanna do I resist from doing due to the fact that I’m scared of being judged.

Research says that your body language and actions are an instant way to know if you’re lacking self confidence.  I used to hide my body in long shirts all the time and would pull my sleeves over my arms. This was my way of hiding, I didn’t seclude myself from everything but there are still certain things and people I hide from. Then there is the need to want everything to be perfect, caring what people think, wanting to look perfect or amazing in someone else’s eyes. I think to a certain extent everyone feels like this because no one wants to be looked down upon. Some girls might think they wear too much makeup and guys spend $100 or more on one pair of shoes. Not everyone is like this though there are some people who and just get up and be okay with themselves and everything that they do.

I try to be more accepting because I feel that at the end of the day there’s always gonna be someone who is against you. There is nothing you could do that could make you perfect to everyone so why try?. As much as I try to keep this train of thought, I still get down with all the eyes on me. Everyone gets that way, no one’s life is perfect and I think that if people realized that, then self confidence would be easier to obtain. Some of the easiest ways to gain self confidence are to kill negative thoughts. Getting to know yourself is the easiest way to gain self confidence because if you know who you are then what others have to say shouldn’t matter.

• He said She said

Opinion

Bullying from Society

• He said She said

Opinion

The Teen World of Bullying

• He said She said

Opinion

Keeping the Campus Clean

• He said She said

Opinion

Bullying, Depression, Suicide: My Story

• He said She said

Opinion

Stressed Out

• He said She said

Opinion

Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: Breakout Review

• He said She said

Opinion

Don’t Silence Me

• He said She said

Opinion

A Possibility of World War III

• He said She said

Column

Styling “minimum effort” outfits

• He said She said

Opinion

13 reasons why, affecting the lives of teens

He said She said