Varsity Baseball Rolling

Members of the Varsity baseball team have been putting on a show for any one who has showed up to watch them play in the last month. With fundamental hitting and fielding, the Ravens Varsity baseball team has resembled that of an elite Major League Baseball team heading into October. In a way, they are one in the same. With only six games left in this years regular season, the boys are in absolute grind mode to finish the season strong.

On April 19th, coach Chastine and the boys handed Rubidoux the L in a 7-0 shut-out, marking their third straight shut-out. Senior utility player, Guillermo Pena, pitched a strong outing continuing to fill up the stat line with: 7 IP, 5 H, 2 BB, O ER & 7 K’s in 91 Pitches. “Memo” also went to work on the offensive side, going: 3 for 4 with a Double & a Stolen Base. Senior Jonathan Anguiano & Junior Jesse Fernandez had 2 Walks a piece, with Jesse adding a Double & an RBI. Senior Peter Bither racked up 2 RBI’s on his lone Double, specializing more on the defensive side on this day.

The turning point in the game was provided in the top of the sixth inning, when a deep fly ball to right field was caught miraculously by Senior Ernesto Irigoyen, who was positioned fairly close to the infield dirt on the play. Ernesto then rifled in the throw to his cut-off man, 1B Jon Anguiano, leaving Jon to do the rest. Jonathan Anguiano quickly fired in the throw to the dish, nailing the runner at home and ending any hopes of a Rubidoux rally. In the bottom of that inning, the Ravens added three more runs to close out the game.

After the game, the Varsity squad turned their attention to their next game, against the same Falcons team, but this time in Rubidoux. In this game, the Falcons did not give way so easy, and the Ravens had to scratch and fight for a 10-6 come from behind victory.

With this series put away, the Ravens look towards their next opponent, the San Bernardino Cardinals. With a win against San Bernardino, the Ravens can go 12-5 overall with a 10-0 league record.

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

Activities

Improvement on the Horizon

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

Activities

Comeback Kids

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

Activities

Ravens Rocking League

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

Activities

Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

Student Submissions

The Creative Writing Center

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

News

Preview on Talent Show

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

Lifestyle

Top 5 Possible things that could happen in Avengers 4

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

News

The Beginning and End of a Dance Journey

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

News

Ballet Florkorico

• Varsity Baseball Rolling

Features

KOD Album Review

Varsity Baseball Rolling