Over-sized clothes are the new trend

Daniela Sanchez, Staff Writer

Some of you are probably already thinking, “Over-sized clothing? That’s so unflattering.” The truth is, sometimes the baggier the clothes, the better. Some of us roll out of bed in the morning 30 minutes after your alarm rings with frizzy hair, dark under eyes, and simply too tired to dress up. On days like these, tight-fitted clothes aren’t always the way to go. Loose clothing can add a more modish look and of course, a comfortable feel.

There are many ways to style up a pair of baggy Boyfriend Jeans, or even an over-sized t-shirt from your brothers closet. It’s important to remember that baggy clothes do not always make your body shape look unflattering. With a little bit of creativity, anyone can pull off this look. 

Photo by: Jackie Perez

These ripped Boyfriend Jeans are from Hollister. They are paired with a yellow Bodysuit from Forever 21 and black wedges.

Here are a couple of tips on how to style your baggy clothes:

1. Be confident. Don’t be afraid to wear loose clothes because you think your body shape will look unflattering. This look might not be for everyone, but if you’re confident, a couple of weird stares won’t bother you.
  2. You always want to add a cute accessory. Whether its a hat, a necklace, a purse, or a trendy belt. You can never go wrong with an accessory.
  3. If you are in search of Boyfriend Jeans or basic over-sized tees, shop at Hollister, PacSun, Wet Seal, and any other local stores you may have.
  4. Pairing a pair of boyfriend jeans with a bodysuit and some heels can really have a creative outcome.
  5. Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Loose and tight clothing go great together. Explore, and try out a new outfit!

Over-sized clothes are the new trend