ASB has financial issues with Grad Nite

Cynthia Sosa

Cynthia Sosa

Daniela Sanchez, Staff Writer

The senior class has been struggling with finding ways to fundraise money for Grad Nite, which will take place Friday, May 26.

There has been issues with reserving the buses for Grad Nite due to the fact that much of the money that was in the savings account has been spent on purchasing senior class shirts and sweatshirts.

“The thing is that, with the money that we had to put a deposit on the buses for Grad Nite, we used it towards the shirts because we thought that they would sell,” Senior adviser Blanca Guzman said.

ASB has been advertising the class shirts and sweatshirts for about three weeks, but not many seniors have purchased them and that may be an issue.

“We already have seven busses on reserve for grad nite, but if people are not buying the shirts then we don’t have the money to pay for it,” Guzman said. “Only the ones that purchased grad nite tickets will go, and we’ll cancel all the other buses,” she said.

However, ASB is not too concerned that the money was spent on the shirts because regardless, every year there is Senior class shirts.

“Every year there are shirts, it’s just that this year the senior class doesn’t care to purchase them so it’s not really our fault,” ASB Vice President Erick Berber said.

Seniors have been thinking of new ways to fundraise to have money in the account for Grad Nite.

“We’re thinking of more ways to fundraise so that we have money for more people to go, since no one wants to buy the shirts,” ASB member Antoinette Huizar said. “It’s just so expensive, so we really have to get the shirts selling.”

However, there hasn’t been much advertisement for the shirts and not many seniors know that they are being sold.

“We’ve had the shirts and sweatshirts for a few weeks, but we barely started advertising them,” Huizar said. “There’s supposed to be seniors out there helping and also posters, but we haven’t been on it lately.”

The shirts and sweatshirts will continue to be sold until at least most of them are purchased.

“We’re going to try to do a special sale where we lower the prices and see what we can get,” Guzman said.

Grad Nite will not be canceled and everyone who purchased their senior package is set to go.

“Grad Nite is still on, it’s just going to limit the time because other times seniors would purchase their tickets the day before Grad Nite, but this time we’re making sure we have the money for the buses,” Guzman said.

ASB and Senior advisers have set up the date April 28 for Seniors who want to attend Grad Nite to purchase a ticket.

“If Seniors don’t buy a Grad Nite ticket on the 28, they’re not going,” Guzman said.

• ASB has financial issues with Grad Nite

News

School district hires new social workers

News

Social Media Kills

News

Theater prepares for One ACT Extravaganza

News

Anime Club roams the district of Little Tokyo

News

Student services host annual Youth Summit

News

Theater performs “Little Shop of Horrors”

News

How the rain has affected the drought

News

Vista sees major reduction in discipline

News

Counseling provides new college skills class for seniors

News

Theatre prepares for The Little Shop of Horrors

ASB has financial issues with Grad Nite