How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Cynthia Sosa

Cynthia Sosa

Dezerea Horowitz, Staff Writer

Students are  anxiously preparing for the two week long AP exams scheduled fourth quarter. In preparation for the tests, students use a variety of strategies.

One way to study is reviewing your notes or asking another peer to quiz you on your notes.

Senior Destinee Horowitz said, “I take notes on the chapters that I’m on and I read through it before I go to sleep at night.”

If you’re in AVID, participate in study groups at the end of the year. Being in a group or doing your tutorials help you comprehend what you’re attempting to learn from the AP study guide or simply not understanding something in your core class.

“Being in a study group in AVID and doing your tutorials help you memorize the correct answers for the exam,” Senior Athziri Hernandez said. “Even if you don’t know the answers, take the test. As you take a lot of the AP tests, your scores will go up on the more you take. This is because you can review the ones you got incorrect and use it for a upcoming test.”

Some ways to help you study is staying motivated. It’s highly important that you stay motivated as a student to prevent yourself from being distracted from what’s most important.

“Being motivated encourages you to get through tough times…A tip for being motivated is to not set long term goals which will take months, or even years to do,” Hernandez said. “Lean for short goals, then once you achieve that, head for others. One step at a time is the best route to take.”

Freshman Andrew Amador  said, “If you’re not motivated you can’t go forward into your goals in your high school career.”

Instead of picking up that video game controller to relieve stress from studying, engage in a physical activity or get out the house. Being active if you’re mentally strained, helps because it gets your mind off of things that cause this tension.

According to MayoClinic.org Being active while stressed improves your mood. As you start to shed  your daily tensions through movement and physical activity, you may find that this focus on a task, and the resulting energy and optimism, can help you remain calm and clear in everything you do.

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

How to make a breakfast omelet

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Features

How to make french toast cupcakes

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

How to make a strawberry smoothie

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

Eco-friendly in 5 easy steps

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

Top 10 Movies you must watch this Summer

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

How to make Dump n Meatball Casserole

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

How to transition into veganism with ease

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

How to make churros

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

Acne hacks for teenagers

• How to be Prepared for AP Exams

Lifestyle

10 Things You Should Do Before You Die

How to be Prepared for AP Exams