Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Ravens 9 - 5 Heading Into Their Last 8 Game Stretch

The measure of a teams ability will be judged by their overall record, or list of accomplishments, at the end of the season. Those who are not involved in the collective units´ effort to be great, tend to not understand the characteristics of what the true goal is at the end of the day. What was done when situations entered clutch time should be front and center at the judges table. Taking care of business when one is given the task has never been easy, but this years Varsity Baseball Team has shown what it takes to do exactly that.

With their first three games being away, and the first two being early morning double-headers, it is easy to see why the team struggled with the beginning of their schedule. After getting through the first five games and both double headers with a one and four record, the team bounced back and have been undefeated in their last eight game turnaround.
Eight straight wins have propelled team members to a place where they would have never imagined: a 7-0 record in league games.

In their last game against Pacific, the team came out victorious with a 10 – 0 mercy rule win, not needing to finish the last inning due to the overwhelming lead. Led by Senior Co-Captain Tristan Heitzmans’ stat line: complete game shutout over six innings pitched with more than three strikeouts, and Senior Catcher Peter Bithers’ several base hits and clutch RBIs, the team was able to take a commanding 8-0 lead into the bottom of the sixth inning. Finally, with a two run bottom of the sixth, the mercy rule was put into effect essentially ending the game.

Although a humbling 9-5 overall record can be improved, a 7-0 league record can be appreciated on the way to CIF. Students and staff who have not yet taken the time to watch the boys in action, have been urged by those who have had the chance to do so immediately. Varsity baseball members see the challenge of their upcoming schedule, and understand that the season will not get any easier. The Ravens are looking to go into next week with the same integrity, riding a win streak of more than ten wins. The next three games include a few away games and a concluding home game as follows ;

4-22-2016 03:15PM @ Rubidoux

4-26-2016 03:15PM @ San Bernardino

4-28-2016 03:15PM vs. San Bernardino

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Activities

Improvement on the Horizon

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Activities

Comeback Kids

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Activities

Ravens Rocking League

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Activities

Varsity Baseball Rolling

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

News

School district hires new social workers

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Lifestyle

How to make a breakfast omelet

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Sports

Varsity Baseball Season Wrap up

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Sports

JV Season Wrap up

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

Opinion

Bullying from Society

• Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum

News

Social Media Kills

Varsity Baseball Gaining Momentum